Newgrange & Hill of Tara day Tour
Our Newgrange & Hill of Tara Tour departing from Dublin’s city centre to this famous passage tomb, gives you the chance to visit the famed burial chamber, with free entry included. Departing from Dublin four days a week, it is a must do for all visiting the island of Ireland. Also stopping at the Hill of Tara, which was once the ancient seat of the High Kings of Ireland, you will also get the opportunity to visit Howth Harbour & Village, renowned for beautiful views over north county Dublin. This unique and once in a lifetime opportunity includes a guaranteed guided visit to the Newgrange Passage Tomb, a UNESCO World Heritage Site dated 3,200BC and is one of the oldest Neolithic burial chambers in Europe, it is even said to be older than the Egyptian pyramids! Finally, get the chance to visit the Stone of Destiny, Lia Fáil, which is the most famous monument at Tara and is Ireland’s ancient coronation stone. The Stone sits on the King’s seat; and in Irish Mythology, it is said to be the Stone of Destiny, a sacred object left behind by mythic godlike people, which too was once said to be Ireland’s greatest Tribe, Tuatha Dé Danann. Legend says the stone will roar when touched by the rightful King of Tara, visitors are invited to try; you never know what might happen!
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
What is included
• Visit a USNESCO World Heritage Site
• Guaranteed tour of Newgrange Passage Tomb included
• All entry fees included
• Fantastic photo opportunities at the fishing village of Howth
• Free WIFI on-board
• Fully guided tour in English
* Check-in 15 minutes early at 17 Lower O'Connell Street - Dublin Visitor Centre. Departs 9:00 AM
* Operates Monday, Tuesday, Friday & Saturday from APR-OCT.
* Cancelling within 7 days prior service date/no show: 100% charge
* You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity
Meeting Point Information
Departs at 9am from 17 Lower O'Connell Street (Dublin Visitor Centre). Please arrive 15 minutes before departure.